Foundations of Generative Leadership Workshop
The Foundations of Generative Leadership (FGL) workshop takes you past the blind spots of mainstream culture to explore how the aspects of communication, coordination, language, emotions, and embodied learning enable us to more powerfully generate the future we care about instead of living with our unexamined limits. We focus on real world skills and strategies, and introduce you to practices that go beyond concepts to embodied skills in action.
Action Learning – The Power of Practice
You learn in action, going beyond conceptual understanding through experiential learning. You expand that experiential learning through the power of continued practice. After the workshop, you will be able to produce actions, conversations, and results that you couldn’t before. Through the practices that you learn, you will continue building your capabilities after the workshop.
In your FGL, you receive:
- 22 hours of live workshop
- Over 20 leadership skills and distinctions
- Over a dozen experiential learning exercises with other participants and accompanying worksheets
- 3 books (Mastery by George Leonard, Small Steps to Success by Robert Maurer, and The Innovator’s Way by Peter Denning and Robert Dunham)
- The paper “The Generative Foundations of Action in Organizations”
- A 1-on-1, half-hour introductory call before the workshop
- Coaches receive 21 ICF CCEUs (18.5 Core Competencies, 2.5 Resource Development)
What You Will Learn
In the workshop, you will learn the foundations of leadership, team performance, and management:
- How commitment is the foundation of action, coordination, and results
- How conversations precede and shape all action and results, including the conversations we don’t have or avoid
- The power of emotional intelligence and the impact of emotional resonance on teamwork and trust
- How “care” is the element that creates value, meaning, and excellence in action
- How our bodies speak louder than our mouths and produce presence and trust or the lack of it
- The generative acts in language that make things happen
- The leadership skill of evaluating the assessments that lead to commitments
- How to avoid over-commitment and weigh the trustworthiness of promises made
- The fundamental unit of organizational action – the agreement
- How to make breakdowns productive
- The capacity to be centered rather than off-center during challenging and triggering moments
- How to blend with the styles of others
- How to enter continuing practice with your skills, enabling you to grow them over time
A Call to New Leadership
Leaders in organizations today face a world of challenges that have never existed before in history – new levels of global competition, the pace of technology and change, pressing limits of global resources, issues of scale in the financial, commercial, and communal domains – all this must be faced in coming years. The leaders of the coming era will require new levels of skill in innovation, excellence in action, aligning human commitment, and addressing how we will live and create a shared future together.
At the same time, the press of demand and organizational objectives has been producing a trail of sacrifice, ill health, and work devoid of meaning. In the face of these demands, leaders must learn to produce healthy outcomes as part of their work and responsibilities for themselves, their organizations, and for the customers and communities that they serve.
As leaders, we must learn to reconnect to the sources of meaning, value, and relevance in our work lives, reconnecting to what we care about and how our work is in service to taking care of these concerns for ourselves and others. We need to recognize that value and satisfaction, the drivers of business, fundamentally are based on human care and taking care.
Learning to increase the value that you and your organizations deliver is a worthy professional standard when combined with standards of healthy outcomes instead of sacrifice. In FGL, you will see how organizations improve their performance and increase their value by reconnecting to the human dimensions of care and commitment of their members and customers.
FGL is intended to introduce you to a set of perspectives, actions, and practices that will serve you for a lifetime, a lifetime of learning and continuing to increase your capacity to produce results that matter.
An Invitation to Take Your Impact to the Next Level
The FGL workshop is the first step in elevating your leadership impact and prepares for Step 2 of the EGL 4-month program. Step 3 is your choice of continuing into the first year of the Generative Leadership Program (GLP) or the Coaching Excellence in Organizations (CEO) program.
Want to Learn More About the Skills You’ll Develop or How to Get Started?
Early Bird discount – $300 off
Register by the deadlines below!
Feb. 26, 2020
for Reston, VA – March 26 – 28, 2020
March 16, 2020
for Mill Valley, CA – April 16 – 18, 2020
3 Steps to Generative Leadership or
Coaching Excellence in Organizations
If you are ready to take your leadership impact and the performance of your business or new venture to a new level we invite you to explore the possibilities and promises provided by GLP or CEO.
Step 1- FGL workshop
The 3 Steps starts with the 3-day Foundations of Generative Leadership workshop (prerequisite to the following steps).
Step 2 – EGL program
4 months of EGL where you work with a personal coach in on the job application of your leadership learning (prerequisite to Step 3).
Step 3 – GLP or CEO program
Option to follow EGL in the Generative Leadership Program (GLP) or the Coaching Excellence in Organizations (CEO) program – both are 8 months of deepening your learning, skills, and impact.
FGL(Step 1, Save $300)*
- 3-Day Intensive Workshop
- Over 20 Leadership Skills and Distinctions
- Immediately apply skills 1st day back at work
- 30 minute 1-0n-1 conversation with one of the workshop facilitators
- Bonus materials at the workshop
- Live, interactive exercises
EGL(Step 2, inc. FGL, save $695)*
- Includes Step 1, FGL workshop
- 17-week, virtual program
- 4 – Personal Coaching Sessions
- Placement on a Learning Team
- 7 – Learning Team Coaching Sessions (facilitated by an IGL Coach)
- BONUS – 1 LIVE, Generative Leadership Conference (Valued at $1295)
CEO or GLP(Step 3, inc. FGL + EGL, save $1445)*
- Includes Step 1 and 2, FGL workshop and EGL 17-week program
- 3 In-person Generative Leadership conferences
- 11 Personal Coaching Sessions
- Placement on a Learning Team
- 2-3 Learning Team Coaching Sessions
- Access to the Online Portal – includes program curriculum
Ready to Make the Biggest Impact of Your Life?
Register for Step 1, the Foundations of Generative Leadership workshop. Choose your date and location below.
What Participants Say
When I was a new business unit director, every lesson I got was immediately put into practice. This allowed to me to design and set up a framework for people to act in and enabled my team to function well. It allowed me to have the success of building a team that was thrilled to be working together with the same principles.
Jan Irene Miller
Director, Engineering and Industrial Solutions
Atos Origin USA
I have more peace and a sense of power that I didn’t have before. I also have an understanding of business in so many ways that I didn’t have before.
New Day Farms
I’m a stronger leader for the people who work for me and also a stronger leader for the company. In the past year, I’ve accomplished things that I would have never been able to without my learning.